Submission and Review
Authors and reviewers are advised to read relevant sections below to guide them on preparing or reviewing manuscripts for the journal.
Author’s Guidelines (PDF)
Author’s guidelines can be downloaded from the link.
Submit a Manuscript for Review
Manuscripts can either be submitted via the email: email@example.com or by handpost to the address: CaJOST, Sokoto State University, PMB 2134, Sokoto.
- Prior publication: Authors should only submit original, previously unpublished articles and articles which are not under consideration elsewhere. If previously published figures, tables, or parts of text are to be included, authors must obtain and submit permission from the copyright holder.
- Author consent – Consent of all co-authors must be obtained before submitting a manuscript. Consent of any removed author after submission must be forwarded to the Editor.
- Authorship Criteria – Authorship should be based only on substantial contribution to (i) the concept and design of the study (ii) acquisition or analysis and interpretation of data (iii) drafting or reviewing the article. The sole participation in the acquisition of funding or data collection does not justify authorship.
- Plagiarism – The content, concept and writing of all submitted manuscripts must be original. It is inappropriate for an author to reuse wording even from one’s own previous publications. All manuscripts would be checked for plagiarism.
- Use of Human and Animal subjects – Research involving human and animal subjects must meet international guidelines on the use of human and animal subjects for study.
- Privacy statement: The names and email addresses provided to the journal will be used exclusively for the stated purposes and not any other purposes and will not be made available to a third party.
Processing of Manuscripts and publication charges
Submitted articles are peer-reviewed after payment of a processing fees of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only and the outcome are communicated to the corresponding author within three weeks of submission. Reviewed articles are published only if a publication fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) only is made. All fees are payable to the Caliphate Journal of Science and Technology. Bank Name: UBA; Account Name: Caliphate Journal of Science and Technology; Account No.: 1021691628
Proofs and Revisions
Galley-proofs will be forwarded to the corresponding author. To avoid delays in publications, proofs should be checked carefully and returned within 48 hours.
Post-production corrections (Retractions and expression of concerns)
Corrections are made if the publication record is seriously affected by the academic accuracy of the published information. Where these amendments concern peer-reviewed material, the corrections are published as a formal notice (erratum) in a subsequent issue.
In addition to one hard copy, the corresponding author will be provided with free electronic reprints as PDFs as a thank you for their contributions..
A properly completed and signed Journal Publishing Agreement must be submitted for each manuscript. Please download a copy of the agreement here.
Copyrights and Open Access Policy
The journal operates an open access policy. Works published in this journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License–
The journal publishes two issues (January and July) in a year.
Documents for Reviewers
Interested reviewers can contacted the Editor-in-Chief via firstname.lastname@example.org. Reviewers would be expected to complete peer-reviewing of manuscripts within 2 weeks. Relevant documents for peer-reviewing can be downloaded below.
- Manuscript Evaluation form
- APA referencing style 6th Edition
- IEEE referencing style
- ACS referencing style